Thursday, September 24, 2009

I've heard of a pet rock but...

Driving down the road between service calls I took a route I don't always travel. It goes past a high school, is near a couple college campuses, the EMT/Fire Dept training facility - and all within sneezing distance from each other. I saw this guy walking down the street and didn't figure him to be mentally unstable, but still....you just do not see this every day around here. I had to turn around and go back so I could take these pictures.




C'mon, you can't tell me this isn't just plain random WTFness.

This guy is walking down the street with a chain around his waist and pulling a tire behind him. This is a major thoroughfare in this area. The other pedestrian asked the guy if he was ok, but not without a "WTF??" look included. The van in the 2nd picture? The driver pulled over to ask if the guy needed help. The guy explained what he was doing, and the van pulled away. Then the guy took off sprinting down the road.

I don't know this guy's story, and I realize this was probably part of a physical training regimen since it's football season, and first responders need to stay in shape, and there are several running events slated for the coming months.

But at first glance, it does look like he's walking his pet tire does it not?

No comments:

Post a Comment